Saturday, January 16, 2010

Inspired Endurance Jewelry – a Reward for Endurance Athletes!

Buzz this
As I have mentioned, my husband Fred and I participate in marathons.  We walk, primarily, throwing some running into the mix.  Our latest one was the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in November, 2009.  Personally, I am chomping at the bit to do another one.  My personal experience is that once you get started, it’s hard to stop.  Years ago, I would have thought that sentiment was a little nutty!  Even now, I often feel that way during the events at around Mile 20 or 25 (depending on the day!)!







Every marathon includes an exposition where exhibitors and vendors show off their wares.  Fred and I discovered the Inspired Endurance line of jewelry at the Flying Pig Marathon Expo in Cincinnati in May 2009.  I am a lover of jewelry (just ask my husband, Fred!....) plus a marathon fanatic, so I was excited!  The owner is Marie Scholl, who is herself a runner and a triathlete – not to mention a wife, mother and nurse!  Marie is also a fellow blogger.  She has a blog with her friend, Lori Vanhille (the owner of My Mottoz Active Wear) called Lori & Marie’s Half IronWoman Adventure.


 The jewelry is made in the USA and the line of pendants and charms are handmade by Mickey Johnston, a Master Goldsmith who has created beautiful pieces for many years.   A method called Lost Wax Casting is used to create the Inspired Endurance line using HARMONY™ 14kt Gold and Sterling Silver.




I own the sterling silver 26.2 marathon barrel bead, which I wear on a leather necklace (both of which Marie and Inspired Endurance kindly provided to me).  It is a daily reminder of past accomplishments and future successes – and what God will do through you when you allow Him to help!  I have never been able to complete a marathon under my own power.  I compete with Philippians 4:13 in mind – ‘I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.’ 


Inspired Endurance has a wonderful line of jewelry.  In addition to their barrel beads (which are also available in the 1.31 half marathon variety), they also have pendants, bracelets, earrings, and anklets in both 14kt Gold and Sterling Silver.  I highly recommend the line; it’s of highest quality.  Most marathoners – especially in the North, as I am in Michigan – don’t have marathons scheduled during the winter months.  Gifting them with an Inspired Endurance piece is a wonderful way to keep them ‘inspired’ during the months of training when they do not receive the reward of a marathon medal!


I look forward to seeing Marie and Inspired Endurance at another expo in 2010 and perhaps adding to my jewelry collection!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics