Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Michigan Theological Seminary Gala Dinner

Buzz this
My husband Fred & I enjoyed the Gala Dinner for Michigan Theological Seminary at the Inn of St. John's in Plymouth MI on November 3. It was a lovely time. The keynote speaker was Jerry B. Jenkins, co-author of the 'Left Behind' series. He was extremely funny - was not expecting that!

Being that I am posting this about a month after the dinner (somehow or other, this post made in into the 'Draft' folder prior to its completion; that's a newbie blogger for you!), it is no longer a secret. That night, the announcement was made that the merger between Michigan Theological Seminary and Moody Bible Institute had been approved! Beginning in January 2010, the seminary would still be known as MTS - but the initials will stand for Moody Theological Seminary! An exciting development!

I have been attending MTS since January 2009. It was always a dream of mine to attend seminary, but the door did not open until then! A generous donor offered a scholarship paying for the first class of every new student. That was the push/kick I needed to get me through the door! It has been a joy from Day One! I am not sure how God will use this education, but I look forward to it! It is a privilege and an honor to be a seminarian!

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics