Thursday, December 3, 2009

Discovering/Rediscovering One's Passions

Buzz this
I have been 'between jobs' now for a little over a month. I have taken that time to study (I am attending Michigan Theological Seminary - to be known as Moody Theological Seminary in January, thanks to a merger!) and to spend some time discovering - and, in some cases, rediscovering - my passions.

One of them is writing. That is one reason why I got started in the blogosphere. It is fun to share one's thoughts with the world, and to let the words flow!

Another thing I have done is spend more time on Twitter. It is fascinating to see the thoughts of others in a succinct form! It is a challenge to form a tweet in a way that is (hopefully!) interesting and enlightening to other! I think it is a wonderful tool. It does make me wonder if thinking in tweets will change a person's thought process!

I noticed this morning that last night, Matthew West, a singer, was nominated for his first Grammy award for his song, "The Motions." This song speaks to the mindset I have - that I don't want to go one more day doing what is not worthwhile and is not going to make a difference. I encourage you to take a listen to it if you have never heard it.

In addition to spending time in the social medias, I have also spent time praying that the Lord would guide and direct me to where He wants me to land next! He is sovereign, and I am leaning on faith rather than fear!

I think, over time (although not too much time, as bills wait for no one!), that the next position will be a great one - and God will get all the glory from me for walking ahead of me and making it happen!

2 comments:

CeeCee said...

I'll keep you in prayer about where He wants you to next. I'm praying the same for myself. Have a great day and stay warm. Brrr. I'm freezing in this storm.

Andrea Schultz said...

CeeCee -
Thanks for the prayers! I will do that same for you! Enjoy your blog!
Blessings - Andrea

 
Clicky Web Analytics